Friday, March 6, 2009

Weekend Recap - New York City Itty Gritty Committee



So, once again, a little impromptu trip to the gigantic Apple (though somehow I always end up never leaving Manhattan…) The purpose of the trip was straight business, had an interview for an internship and for a little translating gig for some media blog. Arrived in NY around 12, then rushed between the homie MJ’s (a.k.a Falcor – for a better description peep THIS VID, haha) crib and across town for the interviews. They both went very well, I locked the translating one and am still waiting to hear about the internship. Having said that the purpose of the trip was business, this obviously means that I definitely mixed some pleasure into it for the next 4 DAYS. Upon coming back to MJ’, met up with Patti (like that?) and proceeded to a small birthday get together that was most conveniently a bock and a half away in Alphabet City. I proceeded to get extremely inebriated and somehow was able to stay up until the sun came up.

Saturday started with some hangover food at my usual recovery spot, good old CafĂ© Habana for some delicious cheese, lime and chili powder sprinkled corn on the cob, a Cuban sandwich with French fries, and of course a fresh mango frozen Margarita (just to take the edge off…) After a long and cold walk back with a belly full of food, MJ and I proceeded start drinking some beers and calling up the missing member of the Trifecta, Dom Dom, before we were set to attend an open mic session at Paddy O’Reilly’s. The open mic of course turned into a shit show, followed by a continuation of the shit show at some place called BLVD (drinking Sparks in the cab along the way…Jesus). Somehow Mike disappeared afterwards, so having his keys I cabbed it back to the apartment. He came back about and hour and half later, having no idea where he had been, carrying a pink balloon…

MJ headed to work on Sunday, starting his day off by sitting in the shower for about 30 minutes, a routine that i am no stranger to on those "fuck-i-feel-like-shit-and-have-to-go-to-work" days. I slept a little while, watched a movie, and went to finally meet up with none other than my Fresh Like Green Tea collaborator KNUTZ. We met up in SoHo and went to the central library to pick up a book that wasn’t there, and then headed to the Lower East Side for some chicken noodle soup and some youtubing/drinking/hatin. Pantera was there as well, though she retired early back to BK, and Knutz and I caught up over a couple of Olde Englishs and a pack of American Spirits.

Got snowed in on Monday, all buses cancelled, so I LITERALLY watched about 10 movies and rode back to the District in the A.M. In the thick of it all, was unable to record Fresh Like Green Tea Radio episode 2, as MJ’s computer “mysteriously” crashed…sorry big guy… ☹ May be going back up there this weekend, trying to move there if I get this internship, ill keep you posted people. H-Man out!

Here is some German shit that I was exposed to by Knutz that I’m definitely feelin, thought I should be a little more like the multicultural citizen that I am, I will be posting some fresh French shit shortly…


KC Da Rookee - Buffalo Soldier


Peter Fox (lead singer of Seeed) - Alles Neu!

1 comment:

trulymadlydeeply said...

the alles neu vid was ft. by Mr. West on his blizog. thought you'd be on that ish! mannnnn.