Friday, April 10, 2009

"I am only a fighter, in the form of a writer, in the form of a poet, potency in the mic..."




Please allow me, to introduce me, my name's H-Man, and I'm back godDAMN! So yeah, as you can all imagine, New York trip once again this past weekend(last one for a little while i SWEAR, haha) which explains my non presence since last week...i did do some more work however that i KNOW all y'all will love, you'll find out just what that is soon enough...Went to the Wale & UCB concert yesterday in Richmond with Ride or Die and Jada, totally worth the 5 hours or so of combined drivin/ridin. This cat named J.Cole opened (after this local Richmond band that i wasn't too much of a fan of) who was surprisingly good, who is the newest signing to Jay-Z's label...(check out his MySpace page HERE) Then Colin Munroe opened, who I've been a fan of for a quite a while now, his mixtape (The Unsung Hero) is pretty dope and has a lot of really awesome guest featurings. He definitely closed with my favorite song of his, a Yeezy cover called "I Want Those Flashing Lights". So after about 3 hours, it was finally time for Wale to hit the stage, and it CERTAINLY was not disappointing in the least. It was amazing to see him with a live go-go act like UCB, and Richmond is the closest that he'll be touring to DC the entire length of his tour, meaning that people like myself did come down from Northern VA and DC to see him, he even said that this show was at "home". The energy was insane, he had the crowd in some sort of trance (and the mufucka was wearing some Air Yeezys, and YES, when the lights were off towards the end they DID glow in the fucking dark...shoulda copped em last week!!!). He played some new joints, as well as some old school go-go, and it was an all around high energy night, he did my 4 favorite joints, "Good Girls", "W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E.", "The Artistic Integrity" and of course the anthemic "Nike Boots". Wale really is about to blow the fuck up, so all of you please support him and buy his album Attention Deficit when it drops in June. Help make him the first rapper EVER to truly make it from the D.M.V!
Wale!


Wale doin some go-go-ness


"Nike Boots" Part 1



"Nike Boots" Part 2


Wale Ovechkin!


J. Cole


Colin Munroe


Tre from UCB


Flyer Than The Rest of Them! "My name's Wale but they know me out in Wales..."

1 comment:

Little TC said...

That title line is tight