Friday, June 5, 2009

The 90's - HipHop Era

Now I know everyone is all in love with the 80’s, even if you were 2 years old by the time the 90’s rolled in, but me - I rep the 90’s. That’s where its at. Bought my first album, Balled in the park, Kissed my girl, and Puffed that sweet dutch cush.

So somewhat along those lines let me take you back - waaaay back. The tracks featured here aren't the best of the 90's, but more of a timeline featuring the decade of real HipHop.


1990 – A Tribe Called Quest – People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm - Can I Kick It?

We all know it – We all love it



1991 – Brand Nubian – B-Side to the single To the Right - Slow Down (Pete Rock Newromix)

Summer BackPack Hustlin



1992 – The Pharcyde – Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde - Ya Mama

Pharcyde - Clownin



1993 – Wu-Tang Clan – Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) – M.E.T.H.O.D. Man

The Meth at his finest!



1994 – NAS – Illmatic - NY State of Mind

That Raw NY Feel



1995 – Big L Featuring Y.U., Lord Finesse, Microphone Nut, Party Arty & Jay-Z] - Lifestylez ov da Poor and Dangerous – Da Graveyard

Watch out for original young Jay-Z!



1996 – 2Pac – B-Side to the single How Do U Want It – Hit ‘Em Up

Hate Hate Hate – Good thing HipHop got that hatred out its system



1997 - The Notorius B.I.G. - Life After Death - I Got a Story to Tell

True story time - I know H-Man is excited!



1998 – DMX - It's Dark and Hell Is Hot - Ruff Ryders' Anthem

Ah Yeah! - HaHa



1999 – Mos Def – Black On Both Sides - Brooklyn

BigUp BK!

No comments: